Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to my Severn River, MD fishing log. I am attempting to compile information about angling on this wonderful tributary. I've lived here all my life, but have only recently tried to "dial in" the intricacies of my home field. My goal for this blog is to record each day that I go fishing, the weather conditions, fishing technique, and subsequent results. Perhaps, with enough data, I can even begin to define some Severn-specific fishing style that I can pass on to the next generation! Please feel free to contribute to my blog and if you are a local angler, I encourage you to share your thoughts or critique mine. I am, after all, only a student of life. Thanks for stopping by and check in often!

My name is Steven and I can be contacted at steventhehistorian@gmail.com

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Fishing Log- 3/29/2010

First fish of the 2010 season! Ok, so it wasn't the most spectacular start to the season- one 8" white perch- but it means that warm weather is a real possibility at this point! Amazing that we had 4+ feet of snow only a few weeks ago and now there's buds on the trees and peepers singing on river road!
My season kick-off fish was a majestic white perch that I caught from my brother's kayak. I caught it by the rock jetty across from Bonaparte beach using a 1oz gold kastmaster. I casted from shallow water and did a hop and sink action near the surface. I was going for pickerel, but I'm not complaining... Not yet!

Water temp: 46
Air temp: 50
Wind: 4-5 mph S
Tide: high
Sky: gray overcast
Time: 1645
Method(s): trolling with 1oz gold kastmaster at edge of piers- unsuccussful! Casting same lure and jigging at mid waterline- successful!

Pertinent info: High wind and rain for previous 3 days- R/O fish inactivity due to unstable weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment